Surface Science Laboratory
More Information: Surface Science Laboratory Home Page
Established in 1980.
Fundamental and applied research laboratory and Center for analytical services open to graduate students, scientists and industries.
Fields of interest: Solid surfaces, sub-surfaces, interfaces and thin films.
* Surface and sub-surface chemical composition (Auger-SAM, XPS, D-SIMS, ToF-SIMS)
* Element chemical bonding (XPS)
* Contamination (Auger-SAM, XPS, D-SIMS, ToF-SIMS)
* Depth profiling of multilayers with a few nm depth resolution (Auger-SAM, XPS, D-SIMS, ToF-SIMS)
* Chemical analysis of particles and nano-structures with 12nm lateral resolution (Auger-SAM)
* Dopants and ion implants depth profiling with ppm-ppb sensitivity (D-SIMS)
* Physical and chemical properties of surface with atomic resolution, in UHV, at variable temperatures from 25 to 1500K (STM/AFM)
* Micro- and nano-electronics, optoelectronics.
* Material science, nano-materials, polymers.
* Biomaterials, biotechnology.